From Murali Reddy <Murali.Re...@citrix.com>
Subject [4.1 feature RFC] Optional Public IP assignment for EIP with Basic Zone
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 08:17:53 GMT
I am trying to change EIP semantics supported by CloudStack for 4.1 release. Today if some
one deploys a basic zone with EIP service, then by default a public IP is allocated for the
user VM along with private IP, and then a 1:1 NAT is established between the public IP and
private IP of the user VM. In a deployment where public IP's are scarce this result in wastage
of public IP. I am changing CloudStack behaviour so that cloud admin has the flexibility to
enable or disable default public IP allocation for the user VM's in the basic zone with EIP
service.  I opened enhancement request [1] and the functional requirements are detailed at
[2] please comment.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-265
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Optional+Public+IP+assignment+for+EIP+with+Basic+Zone