From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Maven] How to build on master
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 16:21:44 GMT
2012/10/17 Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@citrix.com>:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> On 17-Oct-2012, at 6:46 PM, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> 2012/10/11 Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@citrix.com>:
>>> With some minor build fixes I'm able to build, deploydb and debug using Maven
now. Pl. start using master branch as Hugo suggested so we can weed out issues with maven.

>>> Updated: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Building+with+Maven#BuildingwithMaven-BuildingCloudStack
>>>
>>> Quick steps:
>>>
>>> 1. Export maven settings to have a debugger on port 8787, on your IDE select
debugger type to listen on socket port 8787 (as before):
>>> $ export MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx1024m -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=y"
>>>
>>> 2. Clean source tree and build:
>>> $ mvn clean && mvn install
>>>
>>> 3. Deploy database:
>>> $ mvn -P developer -pl developer -Ddeploydb
>>>
>>> 4. Debug mgmt server server:
>>> $ mvn -pl :cloud-client-ui jetty:run
>>>
>>> For 4, if MAVEN_OPTS was exported only then 4. will run jetty with a debugger
on 8787. For me it took a lot of time, but when I connect on my IDE and disconnect it booted
up faster.
>> using mvnDebug works too (the port is 8000)
>>
>> Note: using tomcat-maven-plugin is IMHO is a bit simple and more
>> productive. As you don't have to install all modules/jars first.
>
> That would be great to not mvn install every time we make any change (got it what you
were trying to say).
Yup that's the goal :-)

>> Just use tomcat7:run from the top module and all modules will be
>> compiled (if needed) and added to the webapp class path.
>
> When I do mvn tomcat7:run it fails and tries to load web app from awsapi. So, I commented
out awsapi as a submodule in top level pom.xml, but then localhost:8080/client which returns
404.

>> BTW I have fixed a bit of stuff in poms and it works now
>
> Failed to work for me, do we need to pass any profile or select any project, I tried
-pl :cloud-client-ui etc. but did not work.

 mvn org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:2.0:run -pl
:cloud-client-ui -am -Pclient

failed for me as mysql is not started :-)