From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.0.0-incubating Release, third round
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2012 17:51:45 GMT
It is frustrating because everything is so slow, and my (main) computer is
practically unusable while it is running. How feasible would it be to
provide this DevCloud thing as an AMI? I would much prefer to do this in
the cloud.

Okay, I made it to this step:

Additional Testing

The instance is removed from the web console.

And this is what I see on the terminal:

  [sshexec]      [java] WARN  [cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl]
(AgentManager-Handler-6:) VM 3 lost host info, failed authentication request
  [sshexec]
  [sshexec]      [java] WARN  [cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl]
(AgentManager-Handler-8:) VM 3 lost host info, failed authentication request
  [sshexec]
  [sshexec]      [java] WARN  [cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl]
(AgentManager-Handler-9:) VM 3 lost host info, failed authentication request
  [sshexec]
  [sshexec]      [java] INFO  [cloud.vm.UserVmManagerImpl]
(UserVm-Scavenger-1:) Found 1 vms to expunge.
  [sshexec]
  [sshexec]      [java] INFO  [network.security.SecurityGroupManagerImpl]
(UserVm-Scavenger-1:) Disassociated 1 network groups  from uservm 3
  [sshexec]
  [sshexec]      [java] INFO  [cloud.ha.HighAvailabilityManagerImpl]
(HA-Worker-1:work-2) Processing HAWork[2-HA-4-Stopped-Scheduled]
  [sshexec]
  [sshexec]      [java] INFO  [cloud.ha.HighAvailabilityManagerImpl]
(HA-Worker-1:work-2) HA on VM[DomainRouter|r-4-TEST]
  [sshexec]      [java] INFO  [cloud.ha.HighAvailabilityManagerImpl]
(HA-Worker-1:work-2) VM VM[DomainRouter|r-4-TEST] has been changed.
 Current State = Running Previous State = Stopped last updated = 10
previous updated = 7
  [sshexec]      [java] INFO  [cloud.ha.HighAvailabilityManagerImpl]
(HA-Worker-1:work-2) Completed HAWork[2-HA-4-Stopped-Scheduled]

However, from devcloud, I see this:

root@devcloud:~# xe vm-list
uuid ( RO)           : 83fdea03-9d67-d5dc-e090-0acba65e7926
     name-label ( RW): r-4-TEST
    power-state ( RO): running

uuid ( RO)           : f01b195e-074b-e8f2-f8b1-b2c493070c8a
     name-label ( RW): Control domain on host: devcloud
    power-state ( RO): running

uuid ( RO)           : 2ab8057a-767e-b700-53e3-861f2e23823a
     name-label ( RW): s-1-TEST
    power-state ( RO): running

uuid ( RO)           : 8b27e755-4486-e27e-ee7a-6e5bc6ea768f
     name-label ( RW): v-2-TEST
    power-state ( RO): running

This looks, to my untrained eyes, like the VM might still be running, and
in fact that there might be more than one?

Okay, at this point, if someone can clarify that issues (or not?) I have
run into with the functional tests are not release blockers, I am happy to
just shut up about them and hope that testing is made easier for the next
release.

Just moving on now to some more thorough testing.

My manual license check seems satisfactory.

We're still shipping the "waf" binary in the root of our source, and I
don't understand why. I know I was asked about this during the last round.
And to be honest, I do not know whether it's a blocker. Can someone clarify
for me why it is used, and why we can't ship the source instead?

Manual file type test: OK

Okay, going through some files by hand.

The following files do not have copyright headers:

setup/apidoc/generateadmincommands.xsl
setup/apidoc/generatecommand.xsl
setup/apidoc/generatedomainadmincommands.xsl
setup/apidoc/generatetoc_footer.xsl
setup/apidoc/generateusercommands.xsl

I do not consider this a release blocker, but these should be fixed (where
possible) for the next release.

I almost raised a blocked with the files I found under tools/marvin, before
I remembered our discussion about them. Heh!

Okay, manually checked all the other manually flagged files, and they all
check out in pom.xml or LICENSE.

I am +1 on this release.

For the next release, please can we:

1) Prepare a DecCloud AMI