From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.0.0-incubating Release, third round
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 17:47:15 GMT
On 29 October 2012 00:13, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> > It is frustrating because everything is so slow, and my (main) computer
> is
> > practically unusable while it is running. How feasible would it be to
> > provide this DevCloud thing as an AMI? I would much prefer to do this in
> > the cloud.
>
> Want to help do that?  Sounds like a reasonable idea...  I wouldn't
> replace devcloud itself, but I don't see why we couldn't also have an
> AMI prepared for testing.

I don't think I have the bandwidth for it, or the experience to get up and
running as fast as I would like. Having a community image you can select
while deploying an EC2 instance would be super sweet though. And most
people will be able to test with the free tier.

We're a cloudy project, so we should cloudify our testing procedure. In the
cloud. #cloud ;)

Seriously though. My tiny laptop does not like running VMs in VMs. Yo dawg.
:(

Thanks for the rest of your clarifications! Very helpful.

On 29 October 2012 16:50, Jessica Wang <Jessica.Wang@citrix.com> wrote:

> The 2 links you provided below are not working: "Oops, we encountered an
> error."

There's a good chance they were mangled by the quoting.

Here they are again:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s18/sh/4df76607-12ea-42d6-b73a-ff36a9435d7b/510f4a49695062e03aa03fa45d32ad82

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s18/sh/95042d8c-06fa-4c56-8f89-e9b4bc2b80a4/f1b06913bdb8a327cf1c554f88899380

--