From Marcus Sorensen <shadow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UI: CloudStack UI Concept 2
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 18:24:03 GMT
Sort of like the shift+click to select multiple items, or a click+drag
in Excel/Calc?

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sonny,
>
> Not quite, I was just thinking about painting over the VMs that you want to select before
selecting the action.

> Say you have to select 1000 VMs,  even though using the APIs is most likely going to
be used, being able to quickly paint over to select them would be much easier than checking
1000 boxes.

> You probably know about 3tera (http://www.ca.com/us/cloud-platform.aspx), they had/have
some crazy drag and drop on canvas GUI to manage VMs, it might be worth a look.

> -sebastien
>
> On Oct 12, 2012, at 7:48 PM, Sonny Chhen <Sonny.Chhen@citrix.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Kelcey.
>>
>> Sebastian,
>>
>> Do you mean drag the selected vm's over the action icons? If so, this is and idea
we can investigate. We also had a concept in the early days of CloudStack where one could
group a bunch of vm's to apply actions to them or organize them. I'll post some samples if
I find them.

>> Thanks for the feedback.
>>
>> Thanks You and Best Regards,
>>
>> Sonny