From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Drop OVM in 4.0?
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 23:54:27 GMT
On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 7:50 PM, Chiradeep Vittal
<Chiradeep.Vittal@citrix.com> wrote:
> +1 on fixing in a 4.0.x.
> We need to make some tough decisions if we want "time based releases".
> We already dropped AutoScale and Brocade even though they were essentially
> code-complete for this reason.
> This is an issue that is of uncertain size (weeks at least) to fix. There
> is just too much uncertainty.
> Also it seems that folks want the latest version of OVM anyway, which
> would not be helped by fixing this in 4.0

So I don't really know if I know enough to cast a vote either way. If
this is something simple that can be fixed in a couple of days
(including the licensing issues) - I'm for letting it remain a
blocker. If it's 8 man-weeks of effort, well that's a different story.

--David