From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [Discussion]Auto provision of hosts(hypervisors) into cloud using auto discovery mechanism from the specified IP address range
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 15:53:28 GMT

auto discovery mechanism from the specified IP address range @ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-372

> Enhancement Details :
>
> 1. Currently Hosts has to be added manually into the cloud to get provisioned.
> 2. This is the request to support for Auto provision of hosts(hypervisors) into cloud
using auto discovery mechanism from the specified IP address range

> References for this enhancement :
>
> 1. https://supportcontent.ca.com/cadocs/0/CA%20ARCserve%20Unified%20Data%20Protection%20Enterprise%20Support%2016%200-ENU/Bookshelf_Files/HTML/hbug/index.htm?toc.htm?ua_hb_auto_disc_hosts.htm
>
> 2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdxcHtiwZNU
>
> 3. http://support.hyperic.com/display/hyperforge/Hyperic+Custom+Auto-Discovery+Plug-ins
>

> I have started the discussion mail thread as suggested by David Nalley.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Sailaja.M

When you say 'autoprovision' do you mean take the bare metal hardware,
install a hypervisor, and then add it to CloudStack? Or something
else?

What tools would you use to handle installation of the hypervisor?
(Razor and Cobbler jump to mind, but Razor is more appropriately
licensed give our licensing constraints.