From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [VOTE] CloudStack Release 4.0, first round
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 15:33:14 GMT
On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:
>> Alex,
>>
>> A couple of issues.
>>
>> First, we shouldn't be voting on the "beta" release artifacts.  I need to cut a
>> proper 4.0.0 build for us to vote on.
>>
>> Second, there are still several bugs that I consider to be blockers outstanding
>> right now.
>>
>> Unfortunately, my vote is -1 for this VOTE thread, based on the reasons
>> above.
>
> Chip,
>
> Can you cut a proper build?  This is for a first round of voting.  I don't expect the
first round to pass but I like to put all this out there for people to test.  I understand
a few bugs came in last night but I think the product is largely ready for people to test
because QA testing is at 93% complete yesterday.

> After Wednesday discussion on IRC, I realized we should have been doing this already.
 Technically we're really at fourth or fifth round now because QA has been taking builds and
testing and has been in effect voting -1 on the release.  I've been running it like a enterprise-like
release process and that's my fault for doing so.

> I think the next few rounds will come very quickly because we're only going to fix the
blockers that we've found.

> --Alex

IMO we shouldn't be voting if we don't expect it to pass. There are
still a few problems that really need to be fixed before we kick
something out the door.
If I were to vote on the specfic beta6 build it would also be a -1(binding)

--David