From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [VOTE] how to upgrade CloudStack from 3.0.x to 4.0
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 19:07:15 GMT
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Package_dependencies#Renaming_a_package
> The review/patch I submitted has no useful effect, so need for testing.
>
> +1 to put force install step in the upgrade section of install.sh
>
> 0 for automation, as content from old agent.properties will be still required to be manually
moved to the new one and renamed.
> If there is any way to call some perl python script during post install, that may fix/automate
this. Pl. explore and discuss possibility, I'll try to see this tomorrow but I'm not sure
if that would work.

Consider this a -1 (veto) for any solution resulting in us telling a
user to use --force on installation/upgrade.