From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [ASF40][DISCUSS] Split AWS API / CloudBridge into a separate project
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 16:31:07 GMT
On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM, Chip Childers
<chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
> OK,
>
> So let me try to summarize the opinions here:
>
> We have a couple of folks that think it should be split back out, but
> more are erring on the side of keeping the functionality.
>
> Assuming that we keep the code in the ACS repo for now, the second
> question is one of packaging.  Wido proposed a "cloudbridge" package
> for this specific code.  I think that makes sense, in that it gives us
> options for breaking apart from CS in the future.
>
> Can we get some opinions about the packaging specific portion of the issue now?

So we release source code - so from a release perspective I think it
makes next to no difference.
For the convenience binaries that are being built it might make a
tremendous amount of difference - up to an including functionality not
working
I'd specifically not want to substantially change RPMs at this stage.
Debs could have this broken out since it has never been there, but it
would all need to be tested.

--David