From Jessica Tomechak <jessica.tomec...@gmail.com>
Subject [Doc] Review and Testing request: All documents! Sign up for your part on the wiki
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 20:30:42 GMT
During IRC chat today, it was proposed that we review and use-test all
documentation before releasing 4.0. I endorse this wholeheartedly, and
would like to offer thanks in advance to anyone who gives a thorough
reading and tries out the step-by-step procedures in our docs.

Here is a signup sheet where we can divide up the task. Please sign up and
take a look at "How to review" and "Where to get the docs" on this wiki
page. Also, please feel free to add tasks to the wiki, or add to the
reviewer's checklist with your own favorite doc flaws others should look
for.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Review+4.0+Documentation

We need to look for two things especially:

(1) Missing information. If there are extra steps needed, such as to
manually install certain libraries that aren't included in the default
build, we need to note that in the correct doc section.

(2) Citrix and even Cloud.com cruft. For example, in the Developer's Guide,
in the "Introduction for Developers" section, we have this:

2.2 API Reference:
http://download.cloud.com/support/downloads.html/

3.0 API Reference:
http://download.cloud.com/releases/3.0.0/api_3.0.0/TOC_Root_Admin.html/