From Jessica Tomechak <jessica.tomec...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DOC] Updating Author List File
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 19:11:27 GMT
-----Original Message-----

David,
It doesn't look to me as if that policy applies. We're not adding
individual copyrights, just a "thank you for contributing" acknowledgment.
I'm all in favor of the idea of giving doc contributors some public
applause for their efforts. As Radhika said, it's mainly intended to
encourage further contribution.

I don't worry too much about the issue of maintaining an accurate
Acknowledgments list in the future. Anyone who needs an exhaustive view of
the contributors should look in the commit log, as others have noted.
Radhika is suggesting something more informal.

If we don't want to change the Author_List, meaning we want to keep the
official doc author as "Apache CloudStack," then we could add some language
to the abstract or some other intro text. Either an "Acknowledgments"
section, or just "We'd like to thank the following documentation
contributors for their help on version 4.0 of this documentation: ..." .

Jessica T.
CloudStack Tech Pubs