From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: Plans for cloudstack.org
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 09:50:46 GMT
Comments inline.

This has actually come up in another thread, but I thought I'd close this
one off too.

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 8:32 PM, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com>wrote:

> First, the official homepage should be the apache project page.  To
> me, there's nothing to gain but confusion if we do it any other way.

+1

> Second, we've discussed the value of that existing site vs. a simpler
> site structure, and I thought we were in agreement (or at least
> partial concensus) that the "starting over" with a cleaner site would
> be a positive thing for the community.  If that's not the case, I'll
> share my own perspective here:  the current cloudstack.org site is
> confusing, and I'd like to see us start with a mostly clean slate.

+1

> Third, I'd really like to see cloudstack.org transfered from Citrix to
> ASF.  I think that would be a very positive step for Citrix to take,
> continuing to signal to this community that the larger ecosystem now
> truly owns the future of the project.

+1

I would, however, note, that it would be a shame to loose all of that data.
If there's any way we can get a static export, and the rights to host a
static export somewhere. I dunno. Would this actually provide any value?

> Last, I'd really like to know where the CloudStack name and logo
> process are right now.  I know it's in progress, but I think it's a
> related issue to the domain name registration and administration.

Do you know who's running point on that?

--
NS