From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.0.0-incubating Release, first round
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 05:40:46 GMT
On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 4:48 AM, Will Chan <will.chan@citrix.com> wrote:

> Go ahead with the recast of votes then if you don't want QA to re-test.
>  My binding vote is based on Citrix QA test.

It is wise to consider the QA testing, but your vote must be based on your
testing of the artefact itself. When you vote, you are voting as an
individual. It is your personal mark of "I have downloaded this artefact
and I have verified that we should release this personally."

Please do not rely on other people's testing as a proxy for your vote. All
that does is add noise. If we want the QA team's efforts to impact our vote
(of course we do) then the QA team should vote. (And I am not suggesting
they run the full battery of tests. Just that they use their experience to
verify the release candidate like everyone else.) We don't need people
voting +1 to signal that they are pleased with the QA team results.

--
NS