From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: Input requested: (Was: Incubator PMC/Board report for Oct 2012 ([ppmc]))
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 22:34:38 GMT
On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 10:05 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net> wrote:

> A list of the three most important issues to address in the move towards
> graduation
>
>         1. Resolve last known possible legal blocker (export filing)
>         2. Shipping a release
>         3. Transfer trademark, etc. to Apache

I wouldn't say these are the most important issues to address as we move
towards graduation.

Graduation from the incubator is concerned with whether we have built a
healthy community around the software that understand what it means to be
an Apache project. I think we're making great progress with that.

>         The project has continued to improve its diversity, adding Chip
>         Childers and Wido
>         den Hollander to the PPMC and 3 new committers since the month
>         of August. We have also
>         taken on a new mentor.

Name the committers, and the mentor. ;)

        The community is currently planning a Collaboration Conference
>         for November 30 through
>         December 2 in Las Vegas, participation at LinuxCon EU and
>         ApacheCon EU and a number of
>         other events.

Perhaps mention that this is being funded by Citrix, but participation is
open to the community?

--
NS