From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject [DOCS] Documentation Cleanup
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 17:23:33 GMT
Hi all,

We had agreed previously that the documentation being "fully
completed" wasn't going to be a release blocker for us.  That being
said, the other agreement was that we would work to get the
documentation in shape to be published to the website prior to
announcing any release.  That means that we have some work to do!

I think this is the list of outstanding JIRAs to work on:

CLOUDSTACK-3
CLOUDSTACK-4
CLOUDSTACK-134
CLOUDSTACK-233
CLOUDSTACK-235
CLOUDSTACK-302 (I believe that this is resolved, in master)
CLOUDSTACK-303
CLOUDSTACK-313

Tech Pubs Team - What areas would you like help from others on? (and
have I missed any other JIRAs)?

I'm also sure there are other issues that may need to be addressed.
We should be opening bugs on them as they are found.  I'd encourage
the community to pitch in and help the techpubs team on any of these
issues (and by reading through the existing documentation).

Changes to docs should be committed to master, which is where we'll
build our website documentation from.  If we end up cutting a new
4.0.0-incubating release candidate, I will review the commits to the
docs folder on the master branch, and cherry-pick updates over prior
to cutting a new RC (primarily because the opportunity to sync the
branches will present itself at that time).

Does all this make sense to everyone?  Any comments / suggestions / concerns?

-chip