From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: May I know why is the "cloud-sccs" Information no longer available
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2012 01:04:05 GMT
On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 7:42 PM, Chandan Purushothama
<Chandan.Purushothama@citrix.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On the latest build http://jenkins.cloudstack.org/job/build-4.0-ubuntu1204/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/CloudStack-oss-4.0.0-524.tar.bz2.
I observed that I can no longer use "cloud-sccs" to obtain the git commit id Information of
the build used. I observed that the sccs-info file under /user/share/doc/cloud/ has been replaced
with version-info file. Version-info file has the ASF License and Implementation_Version Information
(looks like the timestamp of the build creation). May I know whether the git commit information
has been intentionally removed from the location. If Yes, May I know how will I be able to
figure out whether the build used has a particular commit id ? Kindly let me know.

> The following is what I see on my management server:
>
> asf@Rack3Host11:/opt/cloud/CloudStack-oss-4.0.0-524$ cloud-sccs
> error: SCCS info file '/usr/share/doc/cloud/sccs-info' cannot be found
> asf@Rack3Host11:/opt/cloud/CloudStack-oss-4.0.0-524$ sudo cloud-sccs
> error: SCCS info file '/usr/share/doc/cloud/sccs-info' cannot be found
> asf@Rack3Host11:/opt/cloud/CloudStack-oss-4.0.0-524$ sudo su
> root@Rack3Host11:/opt/cloud/CloudStack-oss-4.0.0-524# cloud-sccs
> error: SCCS info file '/usr/share/doc/cloud/sccs-info' cannot be found
> root@Rack3Host11:/opt/cloud/CloudStack-oss-4.0.0-524# cd /usr/share/doc/cloud
> cloud/            cloud-client/     cloud-core/       cloud-python/     cloud-server/
    cloud-system-iso/
> cloud-awsapi/     cloud-client-ui/  cloud-deps/       cloud-scripts/    cloud-setup/
     cloud-utils/
> root@Rack3Host11:/opt/cloud/CloudStack-oss-4.0.0-524# cd /usr/share/doc/cloud/
> root@Rack3Host11:/usr/share/doc/cloud# ls
> version-info
> root@Rack3Host11:/usr/share/doc/cloud# vim version-info
> root@Rack3Host11:/usr/share/doc/cloud#
>
> Thank you,
> Chandan.

David had to remove that, due to CLOUDSTACK-329.  Building from a
non-git cloned copy is a requirement for the source distribution.

-chip