From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.0.0-incubating Release, first round
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 00:16:12 GMT
On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl> wrote:

> On 10/11/2012 03:21 AM, Chip Childers (ASF) wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I would like to call a vote for Apache CloudStack (Incubating) Release
>> 4.0.0-incubating.
>>
>> Instructions for Validating and Testing the artifacts can be found here:
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+4.0+test+procedure
>>
>> We encourage the whole community to download and test these release
>> artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the
>> release is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so please
>> give it a shot!
>

> Sorry for stopping the +1 spree, but I'm going to vote -1.
>
> While testing the artifact I ran into CLOUDSTACK-316 (which I created).
>
> QA (nofi) only tested with cloudbr0 in their setup and never tested usage
> with other traffic labels.
>
> After talking with Edison and Marcus we came up with commit
> 513b680d96d07fd44479995ac5eb6358725c9421 which resolves it.
>
> The problem in my setup was that adding the host would fail and you'd have
> to figure out what was going wrong.
>
> I understood what was going wrong, but this would/could scare a new user
> away since a very simple use-case didn't work during the wizard.
>
> So my vote is -1 on this artifact.
>
> Wido

Wido,

Thanks for the detailed testing.

IMO, I believe we would be best served aborting round 1 and
regenerating a new release artifact with the fix for your issue.  I
would also include the fixes for at least CLOUDSTACK-314 (Citrix
license header remains in
test/integration/component/test_allocation_states.py) and
CLOUDSTACK-302 (New Features Are Added to ReleaseNotes).  Both of
these are low risk changes, but important documentation and legal
issues.

I'm not going to abort the vote immediately, but I would like to get
opinions from other community members on this topic.

-chip