From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject [ASFCS40] Final steps before announcing...
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 17:45:07 GMT
Hi all,

As the IPMC vote goes on (I'll be able to close it on Friday), we have
a few other items / scheduling things to think about.

Here's the schedule, as I see it:

Friday:
Assuming all goes well, I close the IPMC vote thread. (Chip)
Immediately after, I publish the release artifacts to the correct svn
location.  We then have to wait 24 hours for the mirrors to catch up.
(Chip)
Complete and publish the new website that he's been working on. (Joe)
- (note that the download page should NOT actually have the download
in it at this time)

Sat / Sunday / Monday:
cs.o is redirected to i.a.o/cloudstack/ (Joe)
docs.cs.o is redirected to i.a.o/cloudstack/docs/ (Joe)
Docs are re-built from master, and published to the new site.  This
will give the techpubs folks an opportunity to finalize any bugs that
have been fixed / worked on since I cut the RC artifacts.
(Unassigned?)

Tuesday:
I update the download page on the new site to point to the release
artifacts. (Chip)
Joe sends out the announcement of the release, as well as adds it to
the project blog. (Joe)

The reason for waiting for Tuesday to make the release officially
announced, is due to PR cycles.  It's the best day for an announcement
like this to go out.

Any thoughts or concerns about the above?  For the final docs build /
push, any volunteer?

-chip