From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Switching master to version 4.1.0
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 18:12:49 GMT
On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 2:00 PM, Hugo Trippaers
<HTrippaers@schubergphilis.com> wrote:
> Hey Chip,
>
> Just the same way, after we make the last release brach in the 4.x.x branch we up the
version number to 5.x.x. If we decide to up to 5 somewhere later it is not a problem to up
the version of the master brach to 5 while developing. And it's just a single command so pretty
painless.

Good point.  Then I'm +1 for this.

> Cheers,
>
> Hugo
>
> Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad
>
> Op 1 okt. 2012 om 10:50 heeft "Chip Childers" <chip.childers@sungard.com> het volgende
geschreven:

>> On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Hugo Trippaers
>> <HTrippaers@schubergphilis.com> wrote:
>>> Heya all,
>>>
>>> With the 4.0.0 branch ready for the final stages toward the release I think it's
time to up the version number of the master branch. If there are no objections I will go ahead
and change the version number of master to 4.1.0.

>> +1
>>
>>> I think for the future this should happen directly after we make a branch for
a release so it is very clear what versions people are working on and prevents mismatches
from happening when people are working on both the branch and the master at the same time.
We don't want somebody pulling in a dependency from that master branch into the release compile
just because it compiled more recently ;-)