From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: RFC: Releasing 4.0.0
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 01:41:18 GMT
On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 3:04 PM, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I apologize for how late this RFC is sent in the 4.0.0 release.  Noah gave an example
during irc today what the process should be.  This email should have been sent quite some
time ago.  I think the community has already been in release mode for basically the past month.
 This is just to make sure we go through the process correctly.

>> CloudStack community is shipping release 4.0.0.  Currently because we've been in
ship mode the past month, all features that made 4.0.0 are already committed to the 4.0 branch.

>> Please check out the NEWS and CHANGES files to make sure everything is up to date.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --Alex
>>

> I'll be following up with a specific build to review and test later
> today (this evening US ET).
>
> -chip

I've posted 4.0.0.beta4 here:
http://people.apache.org/~chipchilders/cloudstack/4.0/

Please download the source, confirm the signature, perform a build and
test!  Alex mentioned on IRC that he would pull together a quick wiki
page for how to test a build, so be on the lookout for that followup
email.

Thanks!

-chip