From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][ASFCS40] Drop OVM from the supported HV list for 4.0.0-incubating release?
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 17:58:24 GMT
On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 1:53 PM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:
> +1  We decided on a time-based release.  Since OVM did not make it in time to make it
a functional product, it should not make it.

> I think this vote should have a better description.  It is more a vote to say OVM did
not make the 4.0 release.  It is not to drop OVM.  The source code is still there.  People
who needs to make it work can still make it work and help contribute it back.

Except that we will really owe it to users to make a point that it's
known not to work in our release notes.  To me, that's a feature drop
for the release.  However, all that is just a debate over wording.
;-)