From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][ASFCS40] Status of getting to a 4.0.0 release?
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 14:19:34 GMT
On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 9:13 AM, sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 8, 2012, at 2:56 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> It appears to have been a busy weekend for many of us, so I wanted to
>> start a quick discuss thread to see where the community thinks we
>> stand regarding a 4.0.0 release VOTE.  With Alex headed out on
>> vacation after today, he asked if I could take over the release
>> management roll this week (of course, if someone has an objection to
>> that, feel free to shout!).
>>
>> Here were the outstanding issues that I noted from last week.  Perhaps
>> we can get updates from the various community members working on the
>> items?
>>
>> CLOUDSTACK-257: AWS Api is not correctly deployed
>> The bug is marked as resolved right now, but that there is still some
>> activity on the bug to get it to closure.  Can someone please comment
>> on the status of this work?
>
> Chip, I went through the whole testing procedure for 4.0.0.beta6 and everything worked
fine, I also built marvin and configure devcloud with it.
> I then tried to test ec2/s3 and indeed there was an issue with the user registration
for AWS. I can test it again with a new build.

Sebastien,

Would you be willing to provide additional test instructions here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+4.0+test+procedure

That would help ensure that our release test procedure includes an
AWSAPI test or two.