From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [ASF40][QA] AWSAPI packging remarks
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 02:33:01 GMT
On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 10:30 PM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 10:14 PM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:

it's not something new created due to 4.0 release.  Because it's in previous versions of CloudStack,
we have to cleanup anyways if we decide not to use this "hack".  And removing it would mean
we need to add in code now to cleanup previous versions of links.  I think it's better to
file a bug and QA the proper cleanup and deploy in the next release.

>> --Alex
>

> Yeah - I don't think it's so awful that it hurts us, but it does point
> to a problem in the AWSAPI code that we are getting around with a
> packaging hack.
> I filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-293 to deal
> with this in 4.1 as I am worried that the changes will cause more
> uncertainty and potential problems than 'fixing it' at this stage in
> the release cycle.
>
> --David

Two things:

How about Wido's remark about us not packaging for Debian?

And Frank noted that there are some steps that need to be documented.
Do we have a bug opened for the DOC team on them?