From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject [ASFCS40] Some advice on casting your vote...
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 13:11:45 GMT
Hi all,

We certainly generated a ton of +1 responses on our first round of
voting for 4.0.0-incubating.  I'm glad that everyone is excited to see
us get a release out!

One point that Noah mentioned on that thread, is that there is a TON
more value in a vote that is backed by review and testing of the
actual release candidate artifacts.

So I'd like to request that anyone with the time, regardless of having
already cast a vote, take some time to try out the artifact itself.
We also need people to spend a little effort looking at the source
code itself.  Do you see any issues with licensing, legal docs, etc..
?

The more time that each individual spends reviewing the artifacts, the
higher confidence we can have in both the release itself and our
ability to pass an IPMC vote later on.  Remember, we, as a podling,
are going to be held to a higher standard for our releases!  The IPMC
(and our mentors) are looking for us to show that we understand what
it means to have a high quality release.

If you are able to spend a bit more review time, feel free to re-cast
your vote on the VOTE thread with a comment about what you have
tested.

Thanks all...  keep up the good work!

-chip