From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] CloudStack Release 4.0, first round
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 16:30:24 GMT
On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 12:23 PM, Chip Childers
<chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> On 06/10/2012, at 12:54 AM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Please follow the test procedure before voting:
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+4.0+test+procedure
>>
>> I noticed the instructions rely on importing keys from a key server, after downloading
the KEYS file. Wouldn't it be better to import the KEYS file directly instead?

> Brett,
>
> I followed the CouchDB test procedure document [1] as the template for
> that verification step.  Is it more common to use the KEYS file?
>
> -chip
>
> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure

I also note that the httpd project suggests the key server as well:

http://httpd.apache.org/dev/verification.html

However, I have updated the instructions to include the option of
importing from the KEYS file as well.

Thanks for pointing this out!

-chip