From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] How do I crossreference source and wiki?
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 21:41:08 GMT
Not really...  it's a little bit of a struggle right now.

Matt (cc'ed) and I were talking about something similar just the other
day.  Matt is going to start writing some unit tests (we've got that
happening over on the junit-test branch), and wanted to know if it
would make sense to start to add more comments in the code.

Perhaps we should start describing the purpose of files, and pointing
to relevant design pages on the wiki, within source comments?

-chip

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Donal Lafferty
<donal.lafferty@citrix.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to cross reference source and corresponding descriptions in the wiki?
>
> Newcomers rely heavily on the wiki to figure out what is going on.  When the wiki falls
out of date, it is a real struggle to find out what happened.  Just look at today's mailing
list posts. :)

> If there were a breadcrumb trail that pointed out which wiki's had to be updated, we'd
avoid a lot of support emails and reduce onboarding time.