From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [DOC] Table of Contents of Release Notes
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 12:51:51 GMT
On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 2:46 AM, Radhika Puthiyetath
<radhika.puthiyetath@citrix.com> wrote:
> Hello Community,
>
> The current structure of the CS Release Notes is as follows:
>
> 1.0 Submitting Feedback and Getting Help
>
> 2.0 Upgrade Instructions
>
> -Upgrade for 3.0.2 to 4.0
> -Upgrade for 2.2.14 to 4.0
>
> 3.0 Version 4.0
>
> -What's New in 4.0
> -Issues Fixed in 4.0
> -Known Issues in 4.0
> -API Changes from 3.0.2 to 4.0
>
> Our queries:
>
> + Do you want to see what is new, what is fixed, and the knows issues of version 3.0.2
listed in the RN? (we vote "NO" since 4.0 is the first release of ASFCS. There is no point
listing what is available in the previous non-OSS versions.)

Just to clarify, you're asking if changes / fixes that were released
in 3.0.2 should also be noted in the 4.0.0 release notes?  I'd be ok
with them not being there, if that's what you are saying.

> + Do you have any suggestion on the current TOC of the RN ?

It looks good.  Is there a draft available somewhere?  Is the source
content checked in yet?  If neither, do you have a short list of the
changes that I can use to add to a CHANGES text file for the source
distro?