From Edison Su <Edison...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Requirements of Storage Orchestration
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 16:51:38 GMT

Only snapshot/backup are taken into consideration. Any details about the scenario of encypt/compress/dedup?

Such as,  how to use this functionalities, what's the api should look like?
We can expose more capabilities on the API and storage driver layer.

>    3. Extend the current storage offerings to include some of the storage
>    array capabilities such as IOPS guarantee (or throttle), throughput
>    guarantee (or throttle)
>
> Where can I learn the current development threads around these in
> cloudstack? Edision Su (or) some one who is working on this, can please
> provide some pointers these so that I can pull myself up to speed ?I would
> like to actively participate and hack some parts of it :)
Oh, great! There are so many code I want to change, really need help and get feedback from
other people.
I'll send out the status of my current work and what I am trying to do in another thread.