From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Nonoss build fails to install
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 07:33:57 GMT

On 10-Oct-2012, at 12:59 PM, Edison Su <Edison.su@citrix.com> wrote:

> I checked all the distributions we supported, all have javassit packages. What's the
point to add that jar into dep rpm?

Let's follow what David suggested, we're in code freeze now, so let's not breakout from existing
workflows.

To answer your question:
What's the point of adding axis, commons-*,  and other packages which are also supported on
all distros?

This is certainly up for discussion, but let's do that only post 4.0.

Regards.

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Oct 10, 2012, at 12:26 AM, "Rohit Yadav" <rohit.yadav@citrix.com> wrote:
>

>> On 10-Oct-2012, at 12:22 PM, Edison Su <Edison.su@citrix.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Don't add javassit jar into deps rpm! It breaks rpm build.
>>> Javassit is a dependence, included in  centos 6.3. Again, if it's not in RHEL
Iso, need to turn on RHN.

>> Check again all your commits. javassist is an apache license compliant package that
is fetched by maven.
>> We've a lot of packages that may be on one distro but not on other, hence we're bundling
them in cloud-deps package.

>> We can have a discussion on adding suffix cloud- on them to avoid possible install
conflicts, but only post 4.0

>>> Sent from my iPhone

which removes javassist jar from cloud-deps.
will get downloaded, or install javassist manually.

a distro's repo such as axis, axiom etc. then cloud-deps may not have any use.
post 4.0 and make any such changes.

ask QA to just install javassist manually now, since you would know better what you did around
that, pl. see this issue.