From "Kelceydamage@bbits" <kel...@bbits.ca>
Subject Re: What Gartner can't - or won't - tell you about OpenStack Cloud
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2012 16:50:46 GMT
Pretty scary FUD below from that article:

"Don’t consider CloudStack. It will soon die. True, it is getting some traction in the enterprise
because Citrix is pushing it, using its enterprise sales muscle–plus it has a pretty UI.
But the truth is that OpenStack has already surpassed CloudStack feature-wise. More importantly
– hype or no hype – RedHat, Canonical and SUSE chose to align with OpenStack over CloudStack.
Because of that, CloudStack only runs on Ubuntu 10.04 host OS, which is 3 years old and doesn’t
have driver support for some of the newer hardware. As time passes, this will only get worse."

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 13, 2012, at 1:57 AM, sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:

> IMHO, the best answer to this is to make a clean release, thoroughly tested like we are
doing now.

> If I am customer and read this very angry blog, I am not very inclined to do business
with them.

> -Sebastien
>
> On Oct 13, 2012, at 1:36 AM, Clement Chen wrote:
>
>> A little bit background:
>>
>> Gartner published a research report - "Don't Let OpenStack Hype Distort Your Selection
of a Cloud Management Platform in 2012 "<http://www.gartner.com/DisplayDocument?ref=clientFriendlyUrl&id=2159915>
on OpenStack in mid-September, which makes the OpenStack community very unhappy.

>> Mirantis, a OpenStack company, wrote a blog (http://www.mirantis.com/blog/gartner-cannot-tell-about-openstack-cloud/)
to response to the Gartner's report.

>> There is a lot of FUD and complete untruths about CloudStack in the blog. I'd encourage
everyone to read it and comment.