From Rajesh Battala <rajesh.batt...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.0.0-incubating Release, third round
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 17:55:29 GMT
+1
Verified Basic VM Operations using Dev Cloud on VB.

Thanks
Rajesh Battala

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Kulp [mailto:dkulp@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:32 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.0.0-incubating Release, third round

On Oct 25, 2012, at 9:08 AM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:

> On 25/10/2012, at 5:11 AM, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes, the jars referenced in the legal docs are pulled in by the
>> packaging process.  The expectation was that the material would be
>> brought into any packaging (including the non-asf, but community
>> provided, deb/rpm's).  When looking for examples from other ASF
>> projects, IIRC I saw both approaches (I'll have to dig a bit to find
>> the examples that I was looking at).  At one point, I had a "*_BINARY"
>> version of both files and the standard files for the source itself,
>> but I then decided to simplify into a single set that would work for
>> both situations.
>>
>> So I guess the question is this: is this an acceptable approach or not?
>
> I don't see a problem with this - someone building the source is going to have to accept
the licenses of those non-optional dependencies too since they'll get dragged down automatically.
Perhaps the files could have a separator indicating the following apply only to binaries built
from the sources in future releases?

Yep.  I agree with this.   Nothing to hold up this release, but a bit of room for improvement
for the next release.   :-)

Anyway, other than the above, everything looks fine to me.   So here is my +1.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog Talend Community Coder - http://coders.talend.com