From Radhika Puthiyetath <radhika.puthiyet...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [ASFCS40] Blocker issues before starting round 3 voting
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 05:50:41 GMT
Please review https://reviews.apache.org/r/7661/

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2012 8:58 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ASFCS40] Blocker issues before starting round 3 voting

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net> wrote:
> Hey Chip,
> On Sun, Oct 21, 2012, at 10:02 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The following bugs (docs) are currently blocking another round of
>> voting.  Perhaps we can work these out tomorrow?  I'd like to kick
>> off the third round of voting as soon as we can, so if someone feels
>> that they shouldn't be blocking, speak up!  I'd rather we resolve
>> them personally.
>>
>> CLOUDSTACK-393
>> Install Guide: Section 8.3 (Installing VMware for CloudStack) is
>> basically empty
>
> We have this in the older documentation. Question is, is the section
> still up-to-date?
>
> I can port this over to Publican in a few hours if the documentation
> is still accurate.
>
> (3.0.x guide is here:
> http://download.cloud.com/releases/3.0.0/CloudStack3.0.0-3.0.2InstallG
> uide.pdf
> and it starts on page 82.)

Having tested with VMware and the 3.0.x CS version, I think it's probably good enough.  There
are some rough edges, but we got it working.  AFAIK, we are basically still at the 3.0.x feature
set for VMware with our ASF release.

I'd say go for it.  Having something is better than nothing, and we can work out any issues
after we have a starting point.

If you can port it over, ping me as soon as you're done.  I'll start the RC build process
once I know we've got something in there for VMware.