From Jessica Wang <Jessica.W...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.0.0-incubating Release, third round
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 17:55:45 GMT
Noah,

Since you are able to see Infra menu now, I believe it was an installation bug in your environment
earlier.
If you do see the problem again (i.e. infra menu doesn't show), please let us know.

Jessica

-----Original Message-----
From: Noah Slater [mailto:nslater@apache.org]
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:42 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.0.0-incubating Release, third round

Okay,

I did a rebuild and the menu populated. Very strange.

Now I have two more problems.

>From the test procedure:

Wait for secondary storage VM coming up.
> This may take a bit...

No clue about this. How do I know when the storage VM has come up?

I checked under instances and storage and nothing changed for about 10
minutes.

Last three lines in console are:

  [sshexec]      [java] WARN  [network.element.VpcVirtualRouterElement]
(secstorage-1:) Network Ntwk[203|Storage|4] is not associated with any VPC
  [sshexec]      [java] INFO  [network.security.SecurityGroupListener]
(AgentManager-Handler-2:) Received a host startup notification
  [sshexec]      [java] INFO  [cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl]
(AgentManager-Handler-2:) Successfully sent out command to start HTTP
handling in console proxy agent

I decided to proceed to the next stage, on the off chance it had worked.

I get stuck on this step:

In step 2, select "tiny Linux"

There are no templates to select from!

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s18/sh/1a151896-8cbb-41c8-93d2-d844e6461146/08efa5dddbd86cb96d7895692f9ec20d
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s18/sh/ee10c37e-dad1-454f-a43f-e64d9ef7d9e3/bce4465e03169a3883f825fbb6f43cd1
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s18/sh/58221024-608f-4a7f-9531-53c267532efc/cbdb8204c77471ae2fa194355af40430

I am unable to proceed.

P.S. Testing CloudStack on my MBA is exceptionally slow. Is there any way
to do the whole thing on or something? I practically cannot do anything
else on my computer while testing.

--
NS