From Sonny Chhen <Sonny.Ch...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DOCS] Proposed technique for making tooltips from doc XML files
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 22:35:02 GMT
Hello All,

I have updated the functional spec on this feature at the link below.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/UI+-+Dynamic+Tooltip

Thanks You and Best Regards,

Sonny H. Chhen
Manager of User Interface & User Experience | Citrix Systems - CloudPlatform
4988 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, CA  95054, USA

-----Original Message-----
From: David Nalley [mailto:david@gnsa.us]
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 6:51 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DOCS] Proposed technique for making tooltips from doc XML files

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 3:48 AM, Jessica Tomechak <jessica.tomechak@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

Thanks for answering all of my questions.

This actually is a bigger deal than I expected. So let me make some presuppositions and tell
me where/if I've gone wrong.

I assume this effectively means that in every release cycle going forward, docs will have
to be done by code freeze? Particularly for things that link out, you'll be needing to know
the URL for those bits of documentation, etc, which will be on the docs site.
How does this handle l10n? E.g. if my locale is set to Russian for the UI, are you going to
load Russian tooltips, or English tooltips?
(ideal behavior is to default to Russian if it exists, but fall back to English if it doesn't)

--David