incubator-cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Sudha Ponnaganti <sudha.ponnaga...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [ASFCS40] Status (Oct 9) of starting a 4.0.0 vote
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 13:35:37 GMT
Testing with non OSS build on VMWare + EC2 is done on RHEL
Ubuntu build is done - testing is in progress 


-----Original Message-----
From: Sudha Ponnaganti [mailto:sudha.ponnaganti@citrix.com] 
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 10:38 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: [ASFCS40] Status (Oct 9) of starting a 4.0.0 vote

Validation of  EC2 with oss build is done. 

Testing EC2 APIs with non oss build +  VMware now

-----Original Message-----
From: Sudha Ponnaganti
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 9:41 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: [ASFCS40] Status (Oct 9) of starting a 4.0.0 vote

Edison has provided build. After a few issues, QA has finished sanity validation of  EC2 API
on Ubuntu on empty zones. Able to execute commands successfully. Also validated the same again
on RHEL. Works fine. 

Now progressing with validation on zones ( should be done in another 30min) and Edison also
requested to validate non OSS build with VMWare and EC2. Will do that tonight. 


-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 8:33 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ASFCS40] Status (Oct 9) of starting a 4.0.0 vote

Sudha,

Can you update folks officially with where your testing is?

-chip

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Sudha Ponnaganti <sudha.ponnaganti@citrix.com> wrote:
> Yes Chip. Will update forum shortly
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 1:53 PM
> To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [ASFCS40] Status (Oct 9) of starting a 4.0.0 vote
>
> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Will Chan <will.chan@citrix.com> wrote:
>> From this list, it looks like we have two blockers left.
>>
>> 1. Adding deb package for AWSAPI.  Edison said he'll look into this and QA for this
should be pretty simple.
>
> I see that Edison has committed the DEB files, and the build is working properly on jenkins.cs.o.
>
> QA team - have you started testing the AWSAPI code on Ubuntu?
>
>> 2. CLOUDSTACK-301. This is the Cisco Nexus vSwitch support that CloudPlatform recently
GAed in our 3.0.5 release (Burbank).  It look like with the recent changes to the plugin framework,
the porting of the feature was not done well.  The time to fix this and to QA it properly
could be in the order of days or perhaps a week.  I would hate to delay the release of CloudStack
anymore due to this one feature.  What does the community think?  Do you think we should drop
this and release 4.0?  I believe we have a couple of other features that are in similar situations
(i.e. Netscalar autoscaling, but I could be wrong).
>>
>> Will
>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
>>> Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 6:36 AM
>>> To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
>>> Subject: [ASFCS40] Status (Oct 9) of starting a 4.0.0 vote
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Lots of things are happening right now around 4.0.0, so we're still 
>>> not ready to VOTE.
>>>
>>> Here's a summary of the outstanding issues (as I see them):
>>>
>>> * AWASPI was integrated to quickly, and some things were missed.  
>>> The thread Wido started on it's appropriateness needs to come to 
>>> consensus.  If it does stay, it needs the DEB packaging to be 
>>> completed and tested (CLOUDSTACK-294).  Wido is willing to do the 
>>> packaging after consensus is reached.
>>>
>>> * CLOUDSTACK-301 is a blocker as well - That one looks like there is 
>>> missing code?  Devdeep Singh is the assigned community member.
>>>
>>> * CLOUDSTACK-156 is a blocker that was reopened.  Rohit, can you 
>>> work with the test team to get it resolved / closed?
>>>
>>> * CLOUDSTACK-298 is set as Critical.  Can someone triage that bug 
>>> and make a recommendation as to the severity and timing of a fix?
>>> It's currently unassigned.
>>>
>>> * The release notes need to be pulled in from 
>>> https://reviews.apache.org/r/7498/  I'll take responsibility for 
>>> doing that today.
>>>
>>> * We didn't pull the internationalization resources into 4.0 (they 
>>> were committed to master last night by David).  I'd suggest we hold 
>>> of on putting them in the 4.0 branch, but that we use master to 
>>> build the project's documentation site.
>>>
>>> That's all I have on my list right now.  Shout if there are any 
>>> other issues, and PLEASE get involved in reaching conclusions to the issues noted
above.
>>>
>>> -chip
>>
>

Mime
View raw message