From Sudha Ponnaganti <sudha.ponnaga...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [ASF40][DISCUSS] Split AWS API / CloudBridge into a separate project
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 21:20:49 GMT
One more fix is needed from Edison. Wait for it if you are going to check it.
Edison post fix details here once you are done

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 2:14 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ASF40][DISCUSS] Split AWS API / CloudBridge into a separate project

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl> wrote:

> On 10/09/2012 07:48 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 12:31 PM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:

>>> So we release source code - so from a release perspective I think it
>>> makes next to no difference.
>>> For the convenience binaries that are being built it might make a
>>> tremendous amount of difference - up to an including functionality
>>> not working I'd specifically not want to substantially change RPMs
>>> at this stage.
>>> Debs could have this broken out since it has never been there, but
>>> it would all need to be tested.
>>>
>>> --David
>>>

>> OK, so let's move forward with this plan:
>>
>> 1 - Get the DEB package built (as a separate package).
>

> This will be hard. Since we have a central control file for the Debian
> packaging it will be something like cloud-awsapi or cloud-bridge
>
> In the spec file I saw that that cloud-awsapi is depending on
> cloud-deps, so that starts to tie it in with the rest of the code-base
> on a packaging level.
>

>> 2 - Test the AWS API via a DEB package installation
>>
>> We don't touch the RPM's now, since it's already been tested and (as
>> of this morning) validated as working.
>>
>> Does someone want to pick up the DEB packaging for Wido (since I
>> assume he's sleeping right now)?
>>

> Not a sleep yet :) I'll be offline soon though, but I can follow up on
> work done over night (for me) and continue in the morning on what
> Edison came up with.
>
> Wido
>
>> -chip

Wido,

Edison has committed his DEB packaging for AWSAPI.  Can you take a quick peak at it and suggest
any changes that may be necessary?  Keep in mind that we didn't change the packaging strategy
for the RPMs...
so perhaps it's not as broken out as you would have originally liked.

QA has started testing, but it would be very helpful to get your eyes on this before we call
it done.

Thanks!