From Sudha Ponnaganti <sudha.ponnaga...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [ASFCS40] Status (Oct 9) of starting a 4.0.0 vote
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 19:47:01 GMT
VMware in general has been tested with regression features. Only Nexus vSwitch is what has
been broken. Code can be left in the same state and fix it for next release.

If Sateesh checks in code, require a day at least to do sanity validation.  It would be ok
to release note it for now as we do not have that kind of time now.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 12:30 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ASFCS40] Status (Oct 9) of starting a 4.0.0 vote

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Will Chan <will.chan@citrix.com> wrote:
> From this list, it looks like we have two blockers left.
>
> 1. Adding deb package for AWSAPI.  Edison said he'll look into this and QA for this should
be pretty simple.

Great, that's fantastic news.

> 2. CLOUDSTACK-301. This is the Cisco Nexus vSwitch support that CloudPlatform recently
GAed in our 3.0.5 release (Burbank).  It look like with the recent changes to the plugin framework,
the porting of the feature was not done well.  The time to fix this and to QA it properly
could be in the order of days or perhaps a week.  I would hate to delay the release of CloudStack
anymore due to this one feature.  What does the community think?  Do you think we should drop
this and release 4.0?  I believe we have a couple of other features that are in similar situations
(i.e. Netscalar autoscaling, but I could be wrong).

I would agree.  I think we need to pull this feature out.  There isn't an existing CloudStack
release that has it (only CloudPlatform has it as a commercial product).

What's required to pull the feature out?  Do we want to note it in the release notes and leave
the code as-is?