From Hugo Trippaers <HTrippa...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject Updates to maven build
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 00:00:16 GMT
Hey guys,

I'm working very hard to get the maven stuff working in the master branch. I'll try not to
disrupt the existing ant builds of master, but sooner or later we need to go either left or
right. For now I've updated the page https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Building+with+Maven
with instructions on how to use maven. If you feel there is information missing or not clear,
let me know and I'll try to update it.

The short term goal is to have maven compile the code and build the following artifacts:

*         Client.war (the management website including dependencies)

*         Usage.jar (executable jar for the usage server including deps)

*         Awsapi.war (awsapi website including deps)

*         Systemvm.iso

*         Agent.zip

Next to this:

*         Developer support, deploydb, refreshdb, start debug server

If anyone wants to help feel free! Just testing, working with the maven build and sending
feedback will help enormously.

I know this work is happening parallel to the 4.0 release, but I already planned to spend
this week in the states with Edison to work on this. None of the work we do will affect the
4.0 branch anyway.

Cheers,

Hugo