From Venkata SwamyBabu Budumuru <venkataswamybabu.budum...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [4.1 feature RFC] Optional Public IP assignment for EIP with Basic Zone
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 08:49:00 GMT
Hi Murali,

First of all spec is crystal clear and has all the details about what you are planning to
do.

I have the following few queries after reviewing your FS.

(1) Is this enhancement made for enterprise clouds? because, I don't see a reason why on public
clouds, tenant doesn't want public access while using EIP & ELB offering.
(2) As per my understanding, opting for EIP/ELB is possible only at the time of zone creation
which is in the hands of cloud admin who opts for this option only after deciding whether
he want to conserve public IPs or not?

Rather, Isn't it a good idea to provide the flexibility of associate or disassociate IP to
the end user ? I mean  how about adding logic to associate and disassociate (including the
one with is_system=1) along with the above
mentioned behavior?

(3) After zone creation, if admin wants to move from an offering that has eip_associate_public_ip=1
to eip_associate_public_ip=0 or vice versa then do we have that option?
(4) how about masking this option (associatePubIP) OFF for Isolated by default in UI
(5) As per my understanding, we don't have any impact on ec2 API calls due to this change.
correct me if you see anything.

Thanks,
SWAMY