incubator-cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Will Chan <will.c...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [ASFCS40] Status (Oct 9) of starting a 4.0.0 vote
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 19:18:45 GMT
>From this list, it looks like we have two blockers left.

1. Adding deb package for AWSAPI.  Edison said he'll look into this and QA for this should
be pretty simple.
2. CLOUDSTACK-301. This is the Cisco Nexus vSwitch support that CloudPlatform recently GAed
in our 3.0.5 release (Burbank).  It look like with the recent changes to the plugin framework,
the porting of the feature was not done well.  The time to fix this and to QA it properly
could be in the order of days or perhaps a week.  I would hate to delay the release of CloudStack
anymore due to this one feature.  What does the community think?  Do you think we should drop
this and release 4.0?  I believe we have a couple of other features that are in similar situations
(i.e. Netscalar autoscaling, but I could be wrong).

Will

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 6:36 AM
> To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: [ASFCS40] Status (Oct 9) of starting a 4.0.0 vote
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> Lots of things are happening right now around 4.0.0, so we're still not ready
> to VOTE.
> 
> Here's a summary of the outstanding issues (as I see them):
> 
> * AWASPI was integrated to quickly, and some things were missed.  The
> thread Wido started on it's appropriateness needs to come to consensus.  If
> it does stay, it needs the DEB packaging to be completed and tested
> (CLOUDSTACK-294).  Wido is willing to do the packaging after consensus is
> reached.
> 
> * CLOUDSTACK-301 is a blocker as well - That one looks like there is missing
> code?  Devdeep Singh is the assigned community member.
> 
> * CLOUDSTACK-156 is a blocker that was reopened.  Rohit, can you work
> with the test team to get it resolved / closed?
> 
> * CLOUDSTACK-298 is set as Critical.  Can someone triage that bug and
> make a recommendation as to the severity and timing of a fix?  It's
> currently unassigned.
> 
> * The release notes need to be pulled in from
> https://reviews.apache.org/r/7498/  I'll take responsibility for doing that
> today.
> 
> * We didn't pull the internationalization resources into 4.0 (they were
> committed to master last night by David).  I'd suggest we hold of on putting
> them in the 4.0 branch, but that we use master to build the project's
> documentation site.
> 
> That's all I have on my list right now.  Shout if there are any other issues,
> and PLEASE get involved in reaching conclusions to the issues noted above.
> 
> -chip

Mime
View raw message