From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What Gartner can't - or won't - tell you about OpenStack Cloud
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2012 08:57:43 GMT
IMHO, the best answer to this is to make a clean release, thoroughly tested like we are doing
now.

If I am customer and read this very angry blog, I am not very inclined to do business with
them.

-Sebastien

On Oct 13, 2012, at 1:36 AM, Clement Chen wrote:

> A little bit background:
>
> Gartner published a research report - "Don't Let OpenStack Hype Distort Your Selection
of a Cloud Management Platform in 2012 "<http://www.gartner.com/DisplayDocument?ref=clientFriendlyUrl&id=2159915>
on OpenStack in mid-September, which makes the OpenStack community very unhappy.

> Mirantis, a OpenStack company, wrote a blog (http://www.mirantis.com/blog/gartner-cannot-tell-about-openstack-cloud/)
to response to the Gartner's report.

> There is a lot of FUD and complete untruths about CloudStack in the blog. I'd encourage
everyone to read it and comment.