From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject SystemVM ISO is not installed with 4.0 on Ubuntu or Debian
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 16:43:13 GMT
Hi,

I just did a fresh CloudStack 4.0 installation from the Debian packages
we have and I found a dependency issue.

cloud-agent does not depend on cloud-system-iso, thus it doesn't get
installed.

This took me about 2 hours to figure out why my System VMs weren't
working properly.

I'll push a fix for this to the master branch, but this will be broken
in the 4.0 release.

When using apt to install the Agent from the Debian repo they will have
to manually install the system-iso package.

I'm thinking about adding this dependency to the packages on
cloudstack.apt-get.eu to prevent this from happening to new users.

Wido