From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: [DOC] About Defect CLOUDSTACK-302 (CLVM Support, RBD Support for KVM)
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 15:07:00 GMT
Hello,

On 10/11/2012 08:05 AM, Radhika Puthiyetath wrote:
> Hello Wido,
>
> Could you please help me understand the feature/ share some pointers so that I can add
information on RBD support to the Release Notes?

Sure! I'd like to point you to my personal blog first:
http://blog.widodh.nl/2012/09/ceph-distributed-storage-with-cloudstack/

When you want to run you need a KVM hypervisor with:
- libvirt >= 0.10.1
- Qemu with RBD enabled

I recommend a Ubuntu 12.04.1 hypervisor with the Debian packages from
the Ceph website: http://eu.ceph.com/docs/master/install/debian/

libvirt will have to be compiled by hand for now, since 0.10.1 hasn't
been packaged yet.

Other then Qemu and libvirt it should work out of the box with 4.0

Wido