From Sailaja Mada <sailaja.m...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.0.0-incubating Release, third round
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 11:53:06 GMT
Hi,

Rhel 6.3 oss build [CloudStack-oss-4.0.0-869.tar] is used for validation with Xenserver 6.0.2
.

Validated Scenario: VM life cycle operations on Advanced and Basic Zone .

My vote is +1 .

Thanks and Regards,
Sailaja.M

-----Original Message-----
From: chip.childers@sungard.com [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com] On Behalf Of Chip Childers
(ASF)
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2012 9:46 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.0.0-incubating Release, third round

Hi All,

I would like to call a vote for Apache CloudStack (Incubating) Release 4.0.0-incubating (third
round).

We encourage the whole community to download and test these release artifacts, so that any
critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. The more time that each individual
spends reviewing the artifacts, the higher confidence we can have in both the release itself
and our ability to pass an IPMC vote later on.  Everyone is free to vote on this release,
so please give it a shot.

Instructions for Validating and Testing the artifacts can be found here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+4.0+test+procedure

If you have any trouble setting up a test environment using the procedure above, please ask
on the cloudstack-dev@i.a.o list.  Someone will be sure to help, and we'll improve our test
procedure documentation at the same time!

Now, on to the specifics of what we are voting on...

The following artifacts are up for the vote:
http://people.apache.org/~chipchilders/dist/cloudstack/releases/4.0.0-incubating/

PGP release keys (signed using A99A5D58):
http://people.apache.org/~chipchilders/dist/cloudstack/KEYS

Branch: 4.0
Commit: 6355965dcd956811dd471a9d03c73dadcf68f480

List of changes:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cloudstack.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGES;hb=refs/heads/4.0

The artifacts being voted on during this round also include the following additional fixes
(most were identified as part of testing during the last round of voting):

* Many documentation fixes (particularly the release notes and installation guide)
* CLOUDSTACK-341: Failing to display Management Traffic Details on the UI
* CLOUDSTACK-349: Russian l10n not properly displaying
* Correction to the devcloud rdeploy build target, to make testing easier
* CLOUDSTACK-363: Upgrades from 2.2.14, 3.0.2 to the Current build will fail
* CLOUDSTACK-118: Status of host resorce stuck in "ErrorInMaintenance"
* DISCLAIMER added to the Marvin tool dir

The vote will be open for 72 hours.

For sanity in tallying the vote, can PPMC and IPMC members please be sure to indicate "(binding)"
with their vote?
[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)