From coudstacks <cloudsta...@163.com>
Subject Re:Re: kvm lacking of GetDomRVersionCmd implementation lead to deployVm fail.
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 09:25:30 GMT
you are right. getDomRVersionCmd  is implemented.
but there is problem  in debug environment. in my case(ant debug) , user=root, no 'developer=true'
column  in configuratoin table.   these two conditions will  ignore producting id_rsa.cloud
 .   so   ssh to  systemVM throught identity file always fail.
i am not sure  that's particular or general case.
thanks.

At 2012-10-17 00:39:25,"Marcus Sorensen" <shadowsor@gmail.com> wrote:
>By the way, KVM doesn't lack GetDomRVersionCmd. It's in
>core/src/com/cloud/agent/resource/virtualnetwork/VirtualRoutingResource.java,
>and it calls getDomRVersion, which runs router_proxy.sh (a script on
>the host that will SSH into the router VM) to call
>get_template_version.sh within the router.
>
>On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Marcus Sorensen <shadowsor@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have generally only seen the getDomRVersionCmd fail followed by
>> stopping the vm if it can't ssh into the system VM to run the command.
>> I am sure this is a general symptom of failing to set up or
>> communicate with the virtual router rather than an actual issue
>> related to getting the domr version.
>>
>> You should see if you can ssh into the router when it's in the running
>> state, but before cloudstack sends a stop. In the past I have
>> accomplished this by stopping the cloud-agent before it issues a
>> stopcommand.
>>
>> Which version are you running? There have been several fixes in the
>> past month or two to try to make the cloud ssh key copy over more
>> reliably.
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 9:50 AM,  <cloudstacks@163.com> wrote:
>>> i am tracing this problem. but i ask about it first.
>>>
>>> 1.what it use for? what kinds of data  it return  when launch GetDomRVersionCmd
if i  write missing parts?

>>> now i only know when  new a  routerVM(which created when new a userVM)   because
of missing GetDomRVersionCmd , its answer result is false , which will lead a stopcommand
sent  to stop this VM, actually vm is in running state now.