From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject [Maven] How to build on master
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 11:26:41 GMT
With some minor build fixes I'm able to build, deploydb and debug using Maven now. Pl. start
using master branch as Hugo suggested so we can weed out issues with maven.

Updated: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Building+with+Maven#BuildingwithMaven-BuildingCloudStack

Quick steps:

1. Export maven settings to have a debugger on port 8787, on your IDE select debugger type
to listen on socket port 8787 (as before):
$ export MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx1024m -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=y"

2. Clean source tree and build:
$ mvn clean && mvn install

3. Deploy database:
$ mvn -P developer -pl developer -Ddeploydb

4. Debug mgmt server server:
$ mvn -pl :cloud-client-ui jetty:run

For 4, if MAVEN_OPTS was exported only then 4. will run jetty with a debugger on 8787. For
me it took a lot of time, but when I connect on my IDE and disconnect it booted up faster.

Regards.