From Edison Su <Edison...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Nonoss build fails to install
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 07:41:14 GMT

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 10, 2012, at 12:34 AM, "Rohit Yadav" <rohit.yadav@citrix.com> wrote:

> On 10-Oct-2012, at 12:59 PM, Edison Su <Edison.su@citrix.com> wrote:
>
>> I checked all the distributions we supported, all have javassit packages. What's
the point to add that jar into dep rpm?

> Let's follow what David suggested, we're in code freeze now, so let's not breakout from
existing workflows.

> To answer your question:
> What's the point of adding axis, commons-*,  and other packages which are also supported
on all distros?

> This is certainly up for discussion, but let's do that only post 4.0.
The ultimate goal is to remove all of these jars in our build system, we'd better use whatever
jars provided by distribution.
There are jars still included in the build system, the reason: I don't have time to find out
which package contains which jar, which distribution has which package, which jars work, which
jar doesn't work.

> Regards.
>

>> Sent from my iPhone

RHEL Iso, need to turn on RHN.

>>> Check again all your commits. javassist is an apache license compliant package
that is fetched by maven.
>>> We've a lot of packages that may be on one distro but not on other, hence we're
bundling them in cloud-deps package.

>>> We can have a discussion on adding suffix cloud- on them to avoid possible install
conflicts, but only post 4.0

c49f3beccfcd1257eca1ea06606fb55b3fdf5093 which removes javassist jar from cloud-deps.
will get downloaded, or install javassist manually.

from a distro's repo such as axis, axiom etc. then cloud-deps may not have any use.
post 4.0 and make any such changes.

I'll ask QA to just install javassist manually now, since you would know better what you did
around that, pl. see this issue.