From John Burwell <jburw...@basho.com>
Subject Re: [Discussion]Auto provision of hosts(hypervisors) into cloud using auto discovery mechanism from the specified IP address range
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 16:00:18 GMT
David,

Why not expose an API that would allow Cobbler, Foreman, Razor, etc to call into CloudStack
at the appropriate times?  The current REST API may even be sufficient.  Speaking with experience
using both Cobbler and Foreman, they work better when they are coordinating the provisioning
activities rather than being embedded into another system.   It also avoid any licensing issues,
and allows customers to chose the tools that most appropriately fits their environment.

Thanks,
-John

>>> 2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdxcHtiwZNU