From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Nonoss build fails to install
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 07:47:07 GMT

On 10-Oct-2012, at 1:11 PM, Edison Su <Edison.su@citrix.com> wrote:

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Oct 10, 2012, at 12:34 AM, "Rohit Yadav" <rohit.yadav@citrix.com> wrote:
>

>> On 10-Oct-2012, at 12:59 PM, Edison Su <Edison.su@citrix.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I checked all the distributions we supported, all have javassit packages. What's
the point to add that jar into dep rpm?

>> Let's follow what David suggested, we're in code freeze now, so let's not breakout
from existing workflows.

>> To answer your question:
>> What's the point of adding axis, commons-*,  and other packages which are also supported
on all distros?

>> This is certainly up for discussion, but let's do that only post 4.0.
> The ultimate goal is to remove all of these jars in our build system, we'd better use
whatever jars provided by distribution.
> There are jars still included in the build system, the reason: I don't have time to find
out which package contains which jar, which distribution has which package, which jars work,
which jar doesn't work.

I agree with you and this makes sense but only if we do it or discuss it after 4.0 is all
I'm saying because we can get into issues like we got while removing javassist.
Another issue I see is class path resolution which is done by waf now and I've some ideas
on how to fix this. But let's do that after 4.0.

Regards.

>> Regards.
>>

>>> Sent from my iPhone

in RHEL Iso, need to turn on RHN.

we're bundling them in cloud-deps package.

install conflicts, but only post 4.0

c49f3beccfcd1257eca1ea06606fb55b3fdf5093 which removes javassist jar from cloud-deps.
will get downloaded, or install javassist manually.

from a distro's repo such as axis, axiom etc. then cloud-deps may not have any use.
post 4.0 and make any such changes.

:( I'll ask QA to just install javassist manually now, since you would know better what you
did around that, pl. see this issue.